This is a High Quality Transponder Key Blank for a 2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe. This is a new transponder key blank that requires configuring your car's computer to recognize the new key and also having the key cut in order for the key to work in your vehicle. The necessary steps to configure your cars computer is often times referred to as "programming the key to your car." The steps to do this are listed below, but it requires two working sentry keys to do this without any special tools. The working keys must be 'Unique' meaning one key can't be a clone of the other. If you don't have two working keys, then programming the key to your car will require a special tool to configure your cars computer. Most locksmiths, Chrysler dealerships and even some mechanics will have this tool.
ADD KEY(Must have two programmed Sentry Keys):
1. Put one of the two current keys into the ignition and turn to the ON position.
2. After the key has been in the ON position for at least three seconds — but no more than 15 seconds— turn the key back to the OFF position.
3. Take the key out, and put in the second current key,turning it to the ON position, all within 15 seconds. The second key cannot be the same as the first key.
4. After ten seconds, a theft alarm light will illuminateand a single chime will sound. This confirms entry into “Customer Programming Mode”.
5. Within 60 seconds, turn key OFF and remove the current key.
6. Put a new key into the ignition and turn to the ON position.
7. After ten seconds, a single chime will sound. The theft alarm light will turn off. Wait three seconds and turn key OFF.
8. Repeat these steps for additional keys.